Reusable. Replaceable. Repositionable.
The combination of style and innovation makes STIX the most exciting new product in flooring. Offering striking ranges of stylish wood plank, stone and tile visuals, STIX is able to enhance the appeal of any space. STIX patented installation system allows it to go down quickly and be enjoyed immediately, letting you get back to the important things.
The next generation of the ultra successful STIX brand. STIX ‘N’ STONES utilizes the same patented installation system while offering stunning stone and tile visuals. STIX ‘N’ STONES is ideal for areas prone to moisture such as kitchens, breakrooms, bathrooms, and basements. The scratch resistant Ceramic Bead finish mimics the durability of traditional tile, while being warm and quiet under foot.
W: 12″ (304mm)
L: 24″ (609mm)
T: 0.118″ (3mm)
Advanced Polyurethane with
(see installation instructions)
Pre-Applied Adhesion System
4 – Sided Micro Bevel
Semi Gloss & Matte
Lifetime Limited Residential
12 Year Limited Heavy Commercial
35.95 Ft2 / CTN
EN 660-2 | Group T
Passes requirements of 450 or Less
ASTM F1514 | Pass
ASTM F1515 | Pass
EN 434 | ≤ 0.25%
STAIN & CHEMICAL RESISTANCE
ASTM F925 | Excellent
DIN 51130 | ≥ R9
ASTM F1914 | ≤ 8%
ASTM F2199 | Pass
EFFECT OF CASTOR CHAIR
ISO 4918 | 25000 cycles no delamination
EN 12667 | 0.041 (m2.K) / W
EN 12667 | 0.06 W / (m.K)
PRIOR TO INSTALL
Flooring should be allowed to acclimate in the area it is to be installed at room temperature (18°C to 22°C / 65°F to 72°F) for a minimum of 48 hours. In periods of extreme heat or cold allow more time for acclimation. Product should never be installed when either hot or cold to the touch. Cartons must remain unopened and positioned so air can move between them. Be sure to store the cartons on a flat surface. HVAC systems must be in use for a minimum one week prior to starting the installation. Temperature must be maintained at between 13°C to 29°C (55°F to 84°F) in the area the flooring is installed.
The subfloor must be dust free and porous concrete (except plywood) MUST be primed with a suitable latex floor primer such as Armstrong S-185 to ensure proper adhesion.
Avoid exposure to excess direct sunlight through windows / patio doors that could cause the colour to fade or affect the bond tot he subfloor. The use of drapes or blinds during peak sunlight hours is highly recommended. In areas that are known to be unprotected from excess direct sunlight, the product must be adhered to the subfloor using Armstrong S-288 or S-289 Adhesive.
If not fully adhered during the initial installation and expansions / contraction occurs due to excess direct sunlight, the product can be removed and reinstalled using S-288 or S-289.
Each plank / tile should be carefully inspected for any visual defects prior to installing. Any material installed with a visual defect is not the responsibility of the manufacturer.
– STIX LVT can be installed on, above or below grade.
– Crawl spaces must be adequately ventilated and have construction industry recommended moisture barriers.
The subfloor must be flat with maximum 3 mm (1/8”) over 305 cm (10’) diameter, and be sturdy. Level the subfloor where necessary with suitable underlayment and prime with a suitable floor primer prior to installing.
Industry standard moisture and alkalinity tests should always be carried out on concrete before starting an installation.
RH (relative humidity) test must not exceed 90%. PH level must be between 7 – 9 (a dusty concrete floor may indicate the presence of alkali salts). Calcium Chloride test result must not exceed 5 lbs/1000 sf in 24 hours. Be aware that this test indicates the moisture in the surface of the concrete. It is considered usable when combined with an RH test. STIX LVT can be installed over hydronic radiant heated floors. The system must be in operation a minimum of two weeks prior to installation of the material, and the temperature should be at a reasonable level for 48 hours prior to, and 72 hours after installation. The temperature can be gradually increased 72 hours after installation. The subfloor should never exceed 29°C (85°F).
STIX LVT can be installed over most existing substrates including existing sheet vinyl flooring. The existing floor must be fully bonded and in good condition.
DO NOT INSTALL OVER
– Cushioned flooring
– Single layer wood subfloors
– Particle Board
– Heavy embossing and grout lines must be leveled with a cementitious leveling compound and sealed with a suitable floor primer.
– All old adhesive and residue must be removed from the substrate prior to installing STIX LVT.
1) APA Plywood – must be suitable for resilient flooring (with a fully sanded face)
– Porous concrete / lightweight concrete must be primed with a suitable latex floor primer, such as Armstrong S-185 Latex Primer.
– Cracks/voids must be prepared with a cementitious based leveler recommended for flooring. Failure to do so may result in telegraphing the imperfection to the surface of the STIX LVT.
– Moisture tests must be completed including PH testing.
– New concrete should be allowed to cure for 90 days.
3) Existing sheet vinyl (fully bonded)
4) Ceramic Tile
– Heavy embossing and grout lines must be leveled
Any old adhesive must be removed and skim coated with a suitable leveler.
As a clean, dust-free surface is necessary to ensure a proper bond, care must be taken to keep the work area dust-free.
Responsibility for the warranty and performance of any subfloor lies with the subfloor manufacturer. You should always review the underlayment manufacturers installation and warranty prior to installing*
INSTALLATION OF STIX
– Work from a minimum of three cartons when installing.
– Choose your starting wall, ideally installing planks / tile parallel to the light source or to the longest wall in the room.
– End joints must be a minimum of 6” (15cm) apart.
– Allow for a minimum 3/16” (.48cm) gap at all walls, cabinets, pipes, etc. This will allow for any movement. A flexible silicone caulking must be used in all areas whose surface moisture may be present such as bathtubs, patio doors, toilets, etc. Care must be taken to keep moisture from getting under the planks / tile.
– Measure, score with a sharp utility knife and snap.
– Continue to install the planks / tile, fitting them tightly together and pressing them in place.
– Large open areas should be rolled with a floor roller. Foot traffic on the entire floor is sufficient to complete the bond to the subfloor. Ensure all planks / tile receives adequate pressure.
– When using transition moldings, ensure moldings are not fastened directly into the flooring.
– Your new STIX LVT installation in now complete!
Care should be taken when installing heavy furniture and appliances. Lift and place in their location. Do not slide them across the floor surface. Use suitable floor protectors, such as Glide ‘n’ Guard under appliances, and felt pads under furniture. Sweep or vacuum regularly to remove grit and dirt. Wash with a floor cleaner recommended for vinyl floors.
General Care & Maintenance
The majority of wear/damage done to a floor can often be avoided by implementing a solid preventative care program. See below for tips to prevent issues before they occur.
– Avoid exposure to excess direct sunlight, which can cause movement and discolouration in vinyl floors. Blinds/Drapes should be used in these slight areas.
– Felt floor protectors should be used under furniture legs to help avoid surface scratches and damage. Glide N Guard floor protectors should be used under appliances.
– f moving heavy appliances/equipment with castors over the flooring be sure hardboard/plywood panels are placed on the floor to prevent surface damage.
– Use walk-off mats at all outside entrances (do not use rubber backed walk-off mats as they can discolour the floor).
– Use flat glides at least 2” (5.08 cm) in diameter under furniture legs to prevent indentations and scratching.
– Rolling casters on office furniture should be at least 2” in diameter.
– Never clean the floor with vinegar, abrasive cleaners, oil soaps, harsh detergents, or solvents.
– Do not use steam cleaners.
– Do not flood the floor or leave standing liquids including pet urine.
– Do not use vacuums with any type of beater bar assembly.
– Sweep, dust, mop, or vacuum daily to remove dirt and grit.
– To remove dirt/soil use a damp mop with a properly diluted neutral detergent solution such as Armstrong S-485 or SC Johnson Neutral Floor Cleaner.
– Scuffs may be removed/ improved with the use of a soft nylon brush or Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Sponge. Test in an inconspicuous areas first to ensure they won’t damage the floor surface.
– A heavily soiled floor can be cleaned with the use of a low-speed buffer not exceeding 300RPM and a diluted neutral detergent solution. The buffer should be fitted with a red or white scrubbing pad. Once the solution has been – worked over the entire floor, the dirty residue should be removed by damp mopping with clean water.
– Standing water, pet urine, and other liquids should be promptly removed followed by a cleaning with a diluted neutral detergent solution.
– For added protection against surface scratches and soiling, 1-3 coats of a high quality commercial floor polish (such as Armstrong S-480 or SC Johnson High Gloss Floor Finish) can be applied following the manufacturers recommended instructions. Special care may be required in high traffic areas.
Lifetime Limited Residential Warranty
12 Year Limited Heavy Commercial Warranty
The manufacturer’s Limited Residential Warranty and Limited Commercial Warranty are offered to the original purchaser of the flooring material. It is non-transferable.
The floor must be installed following the recommended installation instructions and be properly maintained. Installation related issues are the responsibility of the flooring installer and are not covered by this warranty. Material should be inspected closely prior to installing. Flooring with visible defects should not be installed. Material with a visible defect must be returned within 30 days from the date of purchase.
**Warranty applies to .5mm (20 Mil) wear layer only. Production that predates the wear warranty change will maintain its original warranty.
The Following Is Covered Under Warranty
– The floor will be free of manufacturing defects for the warranty period.
– The floor will not wear through under normal household / heavy commercial use when properly maintained so the pattern is not visible in a significant area.
– The floor will not rip or tear from normal household / heavy commercial use.
– The floor will remain adhered to the subfloor for the warranty period.
– We recommend the use of floor protectors to protect the floor. Heavy rolling objects may damage the floor.
– Direct sunlight through patio doors or windows can cause the floor material to heat excessively and cause the floor to lift, curl, bubble, or discolour. Window coverings should be used during high sunlight / heat periods of the day.
– Issues that arise from exposure to excessive sunlight are not a defect in the floor.
The Following Is NOT Covered Under Warranty
– Surface scratching / damage caused by dirt, grit, damage caused by furniture, appliances, pets, cutting from sharp objects or improper maintenance of the floor.
– Minor color and texture differences between samples / photographs and the floor purchased.
– Tears, burns, scratches, stains or reduction of gloss, or discolouration from improper cleaning chemicals.
– Construction damage.
– Installation defects or subfloor imperfections.
– Indentations from: spiked shoes, high heels, rolling loads, furniture / appliances without suitable floor protectors, failure of the subfloor.
– Not for exterior use.
Some jurisdictions do not allow exclusions of limitations of incidental or consequential damages or limitations on as the length so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. You may have other rights which vary by jurisdiction that you should be aware of.